FARGO, N.D. - The famous faces of Mount Rushmore remain in western South Dakota, not in North Dakota as one vacation mailer on the East Coast claims.
The AAA advertisement for "Great American Vacations" features a postcard of the chiseled presidential visages of Jefferson, Lincoln, Washington and Teddy Roosevelt emblazoned with "North Dakota."
The Mid-Atlantic AAA club sent the mailing to thousands of members in Delaware; Maryland; Washington, D.C.; and parts of Virginia, Pennsylvania and New Jersey.
Club spokesman Lon Anderson told The Forum he's embarrassed about the mistake, and the marketing team is "humbled by the error." He said he didn't see the ad before it went out and would have noticed the mistake.
The mistake is actually fairly common, said North Dakota Tourism Director Sara Otte Coleman.
A sheriff's deputy and seven other people were shot dead overnight in southern Mississippi, authorities said Sunday.Read More »
- Blast after Ariana Grande concert kills 22
- How the White House is trying to manage an Oval Office in crisis
- Australian woman returns home after Indonesia prison, probation
- French Open: Top seed Angelique Kerber beaten
- Hail, damaging winds to affect 40 million people
- Great Manchester Run: Thousands turn out to honor terror victims
- Great white shark Mary Lee detected off New Jersey coast
- Catasauqua store robbed at gunpoint
- Bucks man gets life plus 15 to 30 years in friend's shooting death
- PHOTOS: Observing Memorial Day
- In opioid crisis, a new risk for police: accidental overdose
- Monroe County farm holds annual Farm Animal Frolic
- Package that led to Newark airport evacuation deemed safe
- Fire destroys barn in Lehigh Twp.
- Artvana could take the place of former Mayfair Festival
- Coroner identifies man found dead in Schuylkill River