FARGO, N.D. - The famous faces of Mount Rushmore remain in western South Dakota, not in North Dakota as one vacation mailer on the East Coast claims.
The AAA advertisement for "Great American Vacations" features a postcard of the chiseled presidential visages of Jefferson, Lincoln, Washington and Teddy Roosevelt emblazoned with "North Dakota."
The Mid-Atlantic AAA club sent the mailing to thousands of members in Delaware; Maryland; Washington, D.C.; and parts of Virginia, Pennsylvania and New Jersey.
Club spokesman Lon Anderson told The Forum he's embarrassed about the mistake, and the marketing team is "humbled by the error." He said he didn't see the ad before it went out and would have noticed the mistake.
The mistake is actually fairly common, said North Dakota Tourism Director Sara Otte Coleman.
Kim Jong Nam, the half-brother of North Korean leader Kim Jong Un, likely died within 20 minutes of being exposed to a nerve agent at the Kuala Lumpur International Airport in Malaysia.Read More »
- Former FCC chairman: Things are 'going the way I feared'
- At least 11 injured in Rio Carnival float collapse
- Why Kansas killing won't end American dream for many Indians
- Australian arrested for helping ISIS develop missile technology
- North Korea executes 5 officials, South Korea says
- Samsung heir to be indicted on corruption charges
- Time to get your fill of fastnachts
- Nearly record warmth today and tomorrow with a few showers
- Christie set to unveil final budget proposal as governor
- Updated Police: Nurse recorded videos of naked patients
- Woman assaulted, robbed and bound in closet for 4 days
- Life Lessons: Does your body language say you are leadership material?
- Road Blocks - Stopping drug trafficking in Reading
- Local tree service companies face busy week after storm
- Technical error costs company BASD contract
- Berks County withdraws support of 2017 Reading 120 bicycle race