The FBI said it knows who is responsible for the bomb threat that forced the evacuations of Carmike Theaters across the country last Friday.
Carmike's corporate offices in Georgia issued the following statement Thursday:
"The FBI has identified the person responsible for the bomb threats that occurred last Friday, Aug. 17,2012, involving Carmike Cinemas and believes he is no longer a threat."
The person called in a bomb threat that forced police officers and bomb-sniffing dogs to search several of Carmike's 233 theaters across the country, including locations in Wyomissing, Berks Co., Hanover Twp., Lehigh Co., and West Pottsgrove Twp., Montgomery Co.
No bombs were found.
The person has not been named.
- Woman dies after being attacked by her dog in Upper Macungie
- WFMZ's Lauren Kusik dances with the Lehigh Valley stars
- Police standoff underway in Bethlehem
- Allentown doctor pleads guilty to tax crimes
- Local lacrosse teams raise money for cancer charity
- Grieving father urges parents to get gun lock after tragedy
- Woman arrested for arson in Minersville fire
- I-80 WB reopened after ATV and car wreck
- Civic Theatre in Allentown launches capital campaign
- Eric Frein sentenced to death in trooper's slaying