EAST COVENTRY TWP., Pa. - Soldiers from as far back as the Revolutionary War were remembered for Memorial Day.
The Ellis Woods Memorial Day service Sunday honored the memory of 17 soldiers who are buried in marked graves and nearby woods in East Coventry Township, Chester County.
These soldiers were part of General George Washington's army who died in an improvised hospital located on what is now Ellis Woods Road.
The hospital was 20 miles behind the lines at Valley Forge during the horrible winter of 1777-1778.
The burial plot is dedicated to perpetuate the memory of those soldiers who made the supreme sacrifice.
- Jury to begin weighing sentence for police ambush killer
- Berks County officials continue to discuss partnership with ICE
- Multi-Purpose skatepark in the works in Reading
- Reading Planning Commission moves forward on subdivision of Fromm Electric
- Hanover Township hears Turkey Hill liquor license request
- Airport authority scrambling to handle more cargo traffic
- Updated Life Lessons: Be Strong: Anti-bullying phone app
- A little rain this morning; otherwise mostly cloudy and turning milder today
- A career (and a giraffe) is born
- North Catasauqua Borough Council give sinkhole house owner an ultimatum