Whole Foods Market Inc. is recalling Crave Brothers Les Freres cheese in response to an outbreak of a bacterial infection that has sickened people in several states and killed at least one.
Whole Foods said the cheese may be contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes. It was sold in 30 states and Washington, D.C. under names including Les Freres and Crave Brothers Les Freres. The company is posting signs in its stores to inform customers about the recall.
Public health officials in Illinois said one resident became sick after eating contaminated cheese in May. Minnesota officials said one elderly person in the state died and another was hospitalized after illnesses linked to the cheese.
Listeria can lead to severe illness for women who are pregnant or people who have weakened immune systems.
Three Mississippi teens accused of killing a 6-year-old boy last week were denied bond during their first court appearances on Monday.Read More »
- Tulsa jury foreman: Shooting of unarmed black man 'tragic but justifiable'
- Ivanka Trump makes 'deeply meaningful' visit to Western Wall
- Analysis: Theresa May's UK election slogan backfires
- Trump sees Iranian threat as unifying force in quest for Middle East peace
- Trump administration extends protected status for Haitians
- Why Ford fired its CEO
- Updated New Jersey resident finds severed foot bone in sneaker
- Updated 2 white men, white woman selected for Cosby jury
- Updated Busted in Berks: Group suspected in Victoria's Secret thefts along East Coast
- Police: Upper Saucon man shoots nephew, chases him on golf cart
- Updated Man dies nearly week after motorcycle crash in Spring
- Updated Health Beat: Runner's knee: 3 red flags
- PennEast Pipeline would fuel Blue Mountain expansion
- Bird mites cleared from Lehighton High School
- Veteran of 2 wars tapped as grand marshal of Exeter parade
- 'A Charlie Brown Christmas' to be performed live in Reading