Whole Foods Market Inc. is recalling Crave Brothers Les Freres cheese in response to an outbreak of a bacterial infection that has sickened people in several states and killed at least one.
Whole Foods said the cheese may be contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes. It was sold in 30 states and Washington, D.C. under names including Les Freres and Crave Brothers Les Freres. The company is posting signs in its stores to inform customers about the recall.
Public health officials in Illinois said one resident became sick after eating contaminated cheese in May. Minnesota officials said one elderly person in the state died and another was hospitalized after illnesses linked to the cheese.
Listeria can lead to severe illness for women who are pregnant or people who have weakened immune systems.
More than 50 civilians have been killed and injured by landmines since Friday night as they fled a village about 9 miles west of Mosul, Iraq's Federal Police said in a tweet Saturday.Read More »
- In new era, Jewish Republican group is loyal to Trump
- Suicide attacks kill dozens in Syrian city of Homs
- Malaysia airport clear of VX nerve agent, officials say
- Witness recalls moments before, after Olathe shooting
- Teen wants to be guardian of sister after both parents die
- Prosecutors question NYC mayor in federal probe
- Route 222 reopens after crash closed it for nearly six hours Friday
- Woman loses more than half her body weight after 140-pound mass is removed
- Updated Lily's Hope Foundation provides "packages of hope" to families with premature babies
- Warm weather in Berks means time for ice cream
- Allentown's Police Athletic League keeping kids on the right track
- Safe travels, Ed: A new generation honors the Greatest
- Union Township woman accused of stealing from Parent Teacher Association
- "Mascots for a Cure" get down in Pottstown
- Black Bass Hotel becomes Hollywood movie set
- Family wants justice after hit-and-run leaves woman in critical condition