NEW YORK - About 11,000 Kawasaki off-road vehicles are being recalled because debris can cut through the foot rest area and hurt riders' legs.
The recall is for 2012 and 2013 Kawasaki Teryx4 750 vehicles with four-wheel drive.
They were sold at Kawasaki dealers from October 2011 to July 2013 for about $13,400.
The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission said Wednesday that there have been four reports of debris breaking through the floor boards of the vehicles. Two riders reported injuries to their toes and thighs.
Owners of the recalled vehicles should stop using it and contact a Kawasaki dealer, or call 866-802-9381, to get a free repair.
Kawasaki said it will install floor board guards and replace damaged floor boards on the recalled vehicles.
Consumers can call Kawasaki toll-free at (866) 802-9381 between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. PT Monday through Friday or the Kawasaki website.
In a victory for Bill Cosby, a Pennsylvania judge Friday ordered that only one additional accuser will be allowed to testify in his upcoming criminal sexual assault trial to demonstrate the comedian's alleged pattern of criminal conduct.Read More »
- Former adversary Kasich meets Trump
- Flu virus shifting east, hitting older adults hardest
- Democrats: WH contact with FBI an 'outrageous breach'
- Trump Pentagon names the enemy: It's ISIS, not ISIL
- France: Authorities probe alleged anti-Semitic attack in Paris
- Homeland Security seeking border wall proposals
- Fatal crash closes Route 222 South in Spring
- Easton man charged with homicide in fatal shooting
- Al Boscov's daughters, lifelong friend to speak at service
- Updated "Mascots for a Cure" get down in Pottstown
- Black Bass Hotel becomes Hollywood movie set
- Family wants justice after hit-and-run leaves woman in critical condition
- Updated Woman loses more than half her body weight after 140-pound mass is removed
- Mount Penn Fire Company ready for 49th fastnacht sale
- Linking efforts In the battle against opioid abuse
- Candidate for Allentown mayor may face ethics code conflict