Monday was the post office's busiest day of the year.
The post office at 5th and Hamilton streets in Allentown saw people in and out all day, including Mike Washychyn, who was set to mail an important package to Kansas.
"It's for a lady who's husband passed away and allowed me to hunt on his property," he said.
Washychyn was one of thousands across the county who lined up to ensure their precious cargo arrives on time.
"I'm hoping it gets there by Christmas," he said
The U.S. Postal Service estimated more than 600 million letters, cards and packages would be sent.
"I got some DVDs I'm mailing to a nephew of mine," another mailer explained.
To ensure your package arrives in time for Christmas morning. the U.S.P.S. said you'll need to send first class parcels by Fri., Dec. 20; Sat., Dec. 21 if it's priority; and Mon., Dec. 23 if you're sending express.
UPS 2nd day air needs to be moved by Friday; next day air by Saturday.
For FedEx, Tues., Dec. 17 is the last day the company will guarantee ground delivery for arrival by Christmas. Overnight deliveries must be sent by Dec. 23.
The good news is indications from all three shipping services are the weather won't be much of a factor.
"May have been delayed by a day, but we are catching up and are current with what we're getting and moving systems quickly to make sure people get their Christmas packages," said Carriee Frankenfield, the postmaster.
The post office said it actually had people out Sunday delivering about 1,000 items in all.
France's far-right leader Marine Le Pen will face a relative novice, the independent centrist Emmanuel Macron, in the final round of the country's presidential election, early projections suggest.Read More »
- Police review board says Charlotte shooting justified
- Afghanistan base militants attack
- Egyptians unite against ISIS: 'Your terrorism brings us together'
- ISIS kills 33 execution-style in Syria
- Polls: Trump, Democrats and GOP all unpopular
- Accused kidnapper due in court Monday
- Updated Runners take on St. Luke's Half Marathon
- Eric Frein's strategy to avoid death: Blame Dad
- Sunday to be milder with sun, high clouds
- Trump nears 100 days: 'It's a different kind of presidency'
- Ex-clerk files federal lawsuit claiming Alpha Borough allowed sexual harassment
- State police: Trooper, 2 people in SUV injured in crash
- April the giraffe becomes a cash cow for tiny zoo
- Man working on NFL draft stage injured after fall
- Local libraries fight to survive cuts
- Berks man who turned life around is giving back to humane society