Ranbaxy recalls generic Lipitor doses
UNDATED (AP) _ Ranbaxy Pharmaceuticals is recalling several doses of its generic version of Lipitor because some batches of the cholesterol fighter may contain small glass particles.
The generic drugmaker's website says it is recalling 10-, 20- and 40-milligram doses of atorvastatin calcium tablets. The recall is tied to certain lot numbers of the drug. It is not tied to an 80-milligram version of the tablets.
Patients can call the pharmacy where they filled their prescriptions if they are not sure about whether their prescription came from one of the recalled lot numbers.
Ranbaxy Pharmaceuticals is a subsidiary of Indian drugmaker Ranbaxy Laboratories Ltd. The company said in a regulatory filing with the Bombay Stock Exchange its investigation into the recall will be completed within two weeks.
Lipitor, long the world's top-selling drug, lost U.S. patent protection nearly a year ago. Ranbaxy began selling its generic version of the drug last December, as did Watson Pharmaceuticals Inc., which made a version authorized by Pfizer. Several more generic versions of the drug then hit the market last May.
A full list of recalled lots is available here.
A jury acquitted a white Tulsa police officer in the fatal shooting of an unarmed black man because there was no evidence the officer acted outside her training, the jury foreman said in a letter released Friday.Read More »
- 'Clock boy' lawsuit tossed out by federal judge
- Michael Flynn expected to invoke Fifth Amendment, source says
- Elon Musk says Tesla can't yet launch in India
- Surf's up! 64-foot monster wave recorded in Southern Ocean
- Trump on tour: Four moments you may have missed
- Supreme Court strikes down North Carolina congressional district maps
- Updated Cosby 'holding up' as jury pick gets underway
- Updated Cooler and cloudy this afternoon with areas of rain and fog
- Coroner identifies Lehigh County man killed in Allentown police-involved shooting
- BUSH to rock Sands Event Center this summer
- Easton's Common Space Kitchen gives food entrepreneurs a launching point
- LIVE original lineup to perform at Musikfest this summer
- Rock icons Godsmack to headline Musikfest Aug. 9
- Lehigh County man charged with attempted homicide
- New Jersey police allege gun company sold defective guns
- Small plane crashes in Pennsylvania field, pilot not hurt