The wife of a Berks County soldier who died in Afghanistan is remembering her young husband as a "true hero."
Jarett and Heather Yoder were married just before he was deployed to Afghanistan in August, officials said.
Yoder, 26, of Brecknock Township, was one of two Pennsylvania National Guard soldiers who died when their helicopter went down on Tuesday, officials said.
In a statement she released Wednesday, Heather Yoder said, "Jarett is my American hero. He always dreamed of being an Apache pilot and he followed those dreams to continue to fight for our country. Jarett died doing what he loved and dreamed of doing, a true hero. There are so many people who love him and we will never forget. I love you, always and forever. Your loving wife, Heather."
Jarett Yoder graduated in 2005 from Oley Valley High School, where he participated on the soccer and track teams. He also attended Reading Area Community College.
Funeral arrangements have not yet been announced.
An explosion ripped through a crowd of people leaving an Ariana Grande concert in Manchester, England on Monday night. The deadliest attack on British soil since the 2005 London bombings has left a country in mourning and police searching for...Read More »
- Tulsa jury foreman: Shooting of unarmed black man 'tragic but justifiable'
- Blast after Ariana Grande concert kills 22
- Innocence of first concert shattered by bombing
- Warner: Panel's next steps on Flynn coming Tuesday
- Superfan who met Grande among dead in Manchester
- DOJ: No ethics conflict for special counsel in Russia probe
- Updated Jury selection enters 2nd day in Bill Cosby sex assault case
- 87-year-old man dies after car crash in Bath earlier this month
- Updated Variable cloudiness this afternoon with most of the rain staying south and east today and tomorrow
- Updated Commission approves LED lights for 'Trenton Makes' Bridge
- Kelly Services to hold job fair in Allentown, looking to fill 300+ warehouse positions at XPO
- First-hand look at training firefighters go through
- Palmer police looking for 2 men accused of stealing $300 worth of razors from Giant
- Northampton teen leads police on 30-minute chase
- Updated 2 men sought in pair of armed robberies in Reading
- Life Lessons: Breakfast at this office?