Uncertainty surrounding Britain's future is something Kevin Brosious, President of Wealth Management Incorporated in Upper Macungie, says businesses in the United States are having a tough time handling.
"They can deal with good news, they can deal with bad news, but uncertainty they can't deal with," Brosious said.
For that reason Brosious says he is expecting companies to expand less.
He also says he predicts more turmoil in the EU moving forward.
"I just can't see it being more cohesive after this," Brosious said. "I can see others countries exploring the opportunities of leaving if things don't go their way."
Jon Soden, Partner at Magellan Financial in South Whitehall, has a different prediction.
"There is also that positive look at it where you could see the Union really come together and start to get its act together and really become a cohesive unit," Soden said.
Even though Soden says Britain's exit could be a positive for the EU, he is still predicting some short term volatility for his clients.
"For someone buying CD's or bonds they are going to get less of an interest rate," Soden said. "On the positive side, somebody who might want to refinance their mortgage might have the opportunity to do that at maybe lower rates."
Both Brocious and Soden have the same advice for their clients, don't make any sudden moves.
- Blast after Ariana Grande concert kills 22
- Tulsa jury foreman: Shooting of unarmed black man 'tragic but justifiable'
- South China Sea: US warship challenges China's claims with first operation under Trump
- Deputy, EMTs exposed to opioids need medical treatment
- Drug counselors overdose at addiction facility
- Who is Greg Gianforte?
- Governor Wolf plans to sign Real ID law
- 2 dead in I-81 fatal crash in Schuylkill County
- Allentown program teaching kids valuable skills
- Last night for rehearsals before the 2017 Freddy's
- Oley Valley High School student killed in Ruscombmanor Twp. wreck
- State senate passes Internet gambling bill
- Lower Macungie cancer survivor raises money for research with annual event
- Bluebells not blooming at Lock Ridge Park
- New app aims to save lives in Montgomery County
- New charge for man charged in Forks Township cell phone robbery