Imagine getting a love letter when you're a little girl -- from the man who would one day be Pope.
Amalia Damonte says she was the object of Pope Francis' affections when they were both 12.
Damonte is now 76.
And she still lives four doors down from where Jorge Bergoglio grew up in Buenos Aires.
She says it was clear early on that he was thinking about dedicating his life to God.
She says in a handwritten letter that he drew a picture of a little white house and wrote "this is what I'll buy when we marry."
He added: "If I don't marry you... I'm going to be a priest."
French citizens are voting for President on Sunday following a volatile campaign period that was overshadowed by a terror attack on police in Paris last week.Read More »
- Police review board says Charlotte shooting justified
- Afghanistan base militants attack
- Egyptians unite against ISIS: 'Your terrorism brings us together'
- ISIS kills 33 execution-style in Syria
- Venezuela demands Colombia return 3 military deserters
- Trump awards Purple Heart during first visit to Walter Reed
- President Trump will celebrate 100-day benchmark with rally in Harrisburg
- Berks man who turned life around is giving back to humane society
- Local libraries fight to survive cuts
- Woman killed in 1-car crash going 120 mph
- Fire guts attached garage, damages home in Rush Twp.
- Fishing event makes dreams come true
- Legendary coach honored in Kutztown
- Giant issues recall of Atkins burritos, Lay's Kettle Cooked chips
- Pennsylvania launches tax amnesty program
- Police search for suspect in Chester County bank robbery