A fundraiser Wednesday helped a family that lost everything in a fire in Exeter Township last month.
A portion of the proceeds from the Chick-fil-A in Exeter Township will go to the family whose mobile home burned down in the 1200 block of Broadway Avenue.
The home didn't have working smoke detectors, and that has the Exeter Township Fire Department asking people to donate smoke detectors.
"We are running into places where a lot of the smoke detectors are old and outdated and they're not working any more. We're finding places that don't have any or the batteries are not working on them or stuff like that," said Dep. Chief Jim Herr, Exeter Twp. Fire Dept.
Officials said they want to give donated fire alarms to homeowners in need during Fire Prevention Week in October.