Fire damages garage in Muhlenberg; overheated wood stove to blame
An overheated wood stove sparked a fire that damaged a garage in Berks County early Wednesday morning, police said.
Flames broke out around 4:30 a.m. inside the garage in the 5000 block of Mount Vernon Street in Muhlenberg Township.
No one was injured, police said.
Firefighters extinguished the fire in about 90 minutes.
Copyright 2013 WFMZ. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.