Fire that destroyed Reading apartment building ruled accident
A fire that destroyed an apartment building in Reading two days before Thanksgiving was an accident, according to the city's fire marshal.
Authorities said they think the fire started in an area where a plumber was using a welding torch to make repairs.
Flames shot from the building in the 1200 block of Hill Road back on November 20.
Nineteen people were displaced, but fortunately no one was seriously hurt.
Copyright 2012 WFMZ. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.