POCONO TWP., Pa. - A 22-year-old Monroe County man has admitted to driving drunk in an accident that killed his infant son last December.
Christopher Thomas, of Long Pond,has pleaded guilty to homicide by vehicle, DUI, and making false reports to incriminate another.
Thomas was charged in January with those charges for an accident in Dec. 2011 on Route 611 in Pocono Twp. His 16-month-old son Dimitrius Thomas died shortly after the crash.
All other charges were dropped as part of the plea.
His sentencing is scheduled for Dec. 10 at 1 p.m.
- Fire guts attached garage, damages home in Rush Twp.
- Woman killed in 1-car crash going 120 mph
- Defense begins to present its case in Eric Frein trial penalty phase
- Fallen trooper's wife gives emotional testimony in trial
- Penalty phase starts in Eric Frein trial
- Schuylkill County issues temporary open burning ban
- Eric Frein's strategy to avoid death: Blame Dad
- Paramedic reunites with family he helped decades ago
- Runners take on St. Luke's Half Marathon
- 2.3 magnitude earthquake hits Lancaster County
- Trump nears 100 days: 'It's a different kind of presidency'
- Ex-clerk files federal lawsuit claiming Alpha Borough allowed sexual harassment
- State police: Trooper, 2 people in SUV injured in crash
- April the giraffe becomes a cash cow for tiny zoo
- Man working on NFL draft stage injured after fall
- Local libraries fight to survive cuts