Fire at Berks home may have been sparked by downed power lines
Firefighters in Berks County were called to a fire early Thursday morning at an abandoned home, that officials say may have been sparked by downed power lines.
The fire started around 12:30 a.m. at 101 Greenhouse Lane in Hereford Township.
Officials say when they arrived on the scene, the abandoned farmhouse was engulfed in flames and it took several fire departments to knock down the fire.
It's not clear if anyone was hurt.
Copyright 2012 WFMZ. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.