Fire that destroyed Reading apartment building ruled accident

Author: , Web Producer
Published: Dec 04 2012 07:00:00 PM EST   Updated On: Dec 05 2012 06:35:01 PM EST
READING, Pa. -

A fire that destroyed an apartment building in Reading two days before Thanksgiving was an accident, according to the city's fire marshal.

Authorities said they think the fire started in an area where a plumber was using a welding torch to make repairs.

Flames shot from the building in the 1200 block of Hill Road back on November 20.

Nineteen people were displaced, but fortunately no one was seriously hurt.