Woman, young son rescued from roof of burning home
11 puppies also pulled to safety from burning home
A fire early Tuesday morning could have had a much different outcome were it not for the efforts of firefighters.
The fire started shortly before 4 a.m. in the kitchen of a home in the 700 block of Fritztown Road in Spring Twp., Berks Co., said officials, adding that the home quickly filled with smoke.
Responding firefighters found a woman and her young son on the roof of a porch and brought them down to safety. Both were taken to a hospital for evaluation and later released.
The firefighters also managed to rescue 11 puppies from the burning home, officials said.
Investigators have not yet determined what sparked the fire.
Copyright 2013 WFMZ. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.