Berks County couple and their 7 dogs escape house fire
A Berks County couple and their seven dogs are lucky to be alive after flames erupted inside their home.
It happened at around noon Saturday in the 800 block of Mountain Road in Earl Township.
Crews at the scene say a dryer in the basement accidentally caught fire.
A husband, his wife and the dogs managed to get out safely.
Firefighters managed to contain the blaze to just the basement.
The Red Cross is providing a temporary shelter for the family.
Copyright 2013 WFMZ. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.