A good Samaritan came to the rescue of a Berks County worker who caught fire Saturday afternoon during a blaze at a factory.
The fire broke out around 1 p.m. at the Wolfe Dye and Bleach Works on Ridge Road in Perry Township.
Officials say the worker was trying to ignite either a torch or propane heater, and that sparked the flames.
The worker was on fire and took off running toward Route 61.
"A passing motorist saw he was on fire, tackled him and threw him into a snowbank," said Kerry DeLong, deputy fire chief of the Shoemakersville Fire Department.
The victim was responsive when medical crews arrived. The severity of his burns are unclear.
Officials say this is the third fire at the plant in the last four months.