A man and his young daughter are lucky to be alive after they narrowly escaped a car fire on a busy highway.
The car's owner, Eric Puls, said he heard a pop while driving on Route 222 in Wyomissing on Friday afternoon.
"I didn't realize, at the time, what was happening," Puls said. "I figured that it was just overheating."
It turned out that Puls' stepson was driving alongside in another car and quickly signaled that there was trouble.
"My stepson saw it in the rear view mirror, waiving me over, and then at that point, before I even got over, I saw flames in the front of the car," said Puls, who quickly pulled onto the shoulder of the road.
But Puls said he was not thinking about the flames, but his 7-year-old daughter in the back seat.
"Quickly got out, got my daughter out of the back seat, and ran down about a 100 to 200 yards," Puls said.
Flames soon ripped through the rest of the car.
It also turned out that a few other drivers just so happened to have fire extinguishers, and they managed to keep the flames down until the first firefighters arrived.
Puls, of Shillington, just had his car serviced Friday, and he was on his way to FirstEnergy Stadium to pick up his son, who he has not seen in a year.