Melting pipes help extinguish house fire
Crews worked quickly to contain an electrical fire inside a home in Berks County.
It happened around 2 p.m. Sunday in the 500 block of Quaker Hill Road in Robeson Township.
The homeowner tells 69 News the fire broke out inside a room that holds all the electronic and mechanical controls in the house.
The fire melted some pipes in that room, and the leaking water actually helped put the fire out, the homeowner said.
The fire didn't spread and no one was hurt.
Copyright 2013 WFMZ. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.