A Reading man is still battling against serious injuries after a car plowed into him and kept going.

Eddie Carrero spoke exclusively with 69 News on Friday, one day after the hit-and-runs suspect turned himself in.

"It was very painful. I've never had that much pain in my life," said Carrero, who just had dozens on stitches removed.

Carrero never saw the car coming when it barreled into him, and he was left for dead on the side of the road.

"It sent me flying and knocked off my shoe. That's when I noticed I was bleeding from my head," said Carrero, who added doctors told him Thursday he may never get the feeling back to that part of his head.

Amazingly, Carrero was conscious and able to call 911. The accident happened just before 2 a.m. on Nov. 17 on Park Road, near Wolfe Court, in Richmond Twp., Berks Co.

Carrero, 29, was trying to catch a cab after leaving his best friend's wedding in Fleetwood.

"We immediately left our wedding reception on our way to the hospital to meet Eddie there," said Matt Pinder, who has been friends with Carrero since they were young. "If he didn't have that cell phone, he wouldn't be here today and he would have been left on the side of the road to die."

Carrero's head was cracked open. He needed 12 stitches in his head, but needed 14 more after it got infected. He also needed 10 stitches in his arm, and he broke his fibula in his left leg.

"I haven't been able to sleep right since the accident," said Carrero, who added he can't put any weight on his leg and needs crutches to get around.

Tips and recovered car parts helped investigators determine Morgan Boyer, of Richmond Township, was behind the wheel of a 2002 Audi A4, police said.

According to court documents, Boyer, 25, confirmed a crash took place, but he maintained that he struck a deer. The documents also stated Boyer told police he did not stop because he thought he did not have a valid driver's license.

"Why didn't you stop and at least check? That's all I want to know," said Carrero.

To make matters worse, Carrero said he does not have health insurance and the medical bills are piling up. His attorney, Richard Toland, said his client has a long road to recovery, and his scars will serve as a permanent reminder of the accident. 

Boyer turned himself in to authorities Thursday. He is free after posting $20,000 bond, but he is facing serious charges.