The PSU Berks' ice hockey coaches and players will conduct a series of clinics that will be hosted by the Royals at the Santander Arena in Reading.
"The sole purpose of this venture is to further the cause of fostering and supporting youth hockey in the greater Reading Area," said Steve Rowe, PSU Berks' head coach. "The future of hockey rests in the dreams of young athletes working hard in early morning and late-evening practices. The clinic series will help these young players develop and sharpen their skills to better themselves as hockey players."
The clinics will focus on skating and skills in the early sessions and evolve into more game-oriented situations in later sessions, organizers said.
The current schedule is as follows:
- Saturday, October 15 -- 8 a.m. – 9:30 a.m.
- Saturday, November 12 -- 8 a.m. – 9:30 a.m.
- Saturday, December 10 -- 8 a.m. – 9:30 a.m.
- Saturday, January 21 -- 8 a.m. – 9:30 a.m.
- Saturday, March 4 -- 12:30 p.m. – 3:30 p.m.
- Saturday, March 25 -- 12:30 p.m. – 3:30 p.m.
Participants will receive a ticket to the Royals game on the evening of each clinic.
Youth hockey players interested in participating can register online.