Space heater may have sparked 2 alarmer
Firefighters from Berks and Montgomery County braved the snow and cold Friday night to battle fires.
Officials say a space heater may be to blame for a two alarm fire in eastern Berks.
Fire officials say they were called to the scene around 6:45.
It happened in the 2100 block of Route 100 in the Washington Township area.
Officials say the pipes were frozen inside this home and the person doing renovations was using a space heater to thaw them.
Crews from Berks and Montgomery County were not able to save one side of the home.
No one lived here, so no one was displaced.
Copyright 2013 WFMZ. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.