ALLENTOWN, Pa. - It's no secret that downtown Allentown is undergoing a renaissance. You, too, can be a part of it and all you have to do is book a room.
What can people expect at the new Renaissance Allentown hotel?
"The best hotel experience in the Lehigh Valley, maybe even the best hotel experience in eastern Pennsylvania," GM Scott Bullock said.
Bullock isn't kidding. The new hotel's facade is Allentown's old Dime Building.
Its body is attached to the brand new PPL Center and its interior is an updated if not chic homage to the city's blue collar past.
The hotel's restaurant and bar sits above the PPL Center's main entrance and has a direct entrance into the arena. A wall of windows looks over 7th and Hamilton streets, as does the boutique hotel's 300 person ball room.
The 170 guest rooms start at $179 per night and offer a high tech experience, with Ipads linked to room service in every room.
But the room with the view is the Penthouse suite.
Its wraparound balcony alone is worth the $450 it will cost you to bunk there.
"We have a lot of group bookings on the books, a lot of catering already booked. We're taking reservations starting February 1st and so on," Bullock said.
The hotel's opening is set for January and with rooms filling up fast, you may want to make your reservation at the Renaissance right away.
- Great white shark Mary Lee detected off New Jersey coast
- Updated Bucks man gets life plus 15 to 30 years in friend's shooting death
- Updated PHOTOS: Observing Memorial Day
- In opioid crisis, a new risk for police: accidental overdose
- Monroe County farm holds annual Farm Animal Frolic
- Package that led to Newark airport evacuation deemed safe
- Fire destroys barn in Lehigh Twp.
- Artvana could take the place of former Mayfair Festival
- Coroner identifies man found dead in Schuylkill River
- Memorial honors Lehigh Valley veteran