WHITEHALL TWP., Pa. - A 13-year-old girl from the Poconos got her wish Friday.
Shannon Dos Santos has sickle cell anemia.
Through the Make-a-Wish Foundation, she was granted a shopping spree at the Lehigh Valley Mall in Whitehall Township, Lehigh County.
The Pocono Mountain West student made her red-carpet entrance before hitting the stores.
"It was like, really cool, and I felt really good about myself,"she said.
Shannon went home with a lot of great items, including and a Play Station 4.
The National Park Service will be closing River Road in Middle Smithfield Township between park headquarters and Hialeah Picnic Area to protect migrating amphibians.Read More »
- 6 charged in connection with alleged gang slaying
- Mother charged after concealing death of baby
- Saylorsburg man faces DUI charge, child was in car
- Immigration officials detain alleged undocumented immigrants in Poconos
- PennDOT cracking down on 'Graffiti Highway' trespassing
- Police seize weapons from home of Horvath's father-in-law
- Updated Man shot, killed by Reading police after pointing shotgun at officers
- Route 222 reopens after crash closed it for nearly six hours Friday
- Updated Warm and breezy today with strong to severe t-storms this afternoon
- Updated Motorists seeing slightly lower gas prices in New Jersey
- Updated Judge: Only one Cosby accuser can testify at sex assault trial
- Lafayette College asks for temporary dorms amid rise in applicants
- Local movie experts preview the Oscars
- Lily's Hope Foundation provides "packages of hope" to families with premature babies
- Warm weather in Berks means time for ice cream
- Allentown's Police Athletic League keeping kids on the right track