WHITEHALL TWP., Pa. - A 13-year-old girl from the Poconos got her wish Friday.
Shannon Dos Santos has sickle cell anemia.
Through the Make-a-Wish Foundation, she was granted a shopping spree at the Lehigh Valley Mall in Whitehall Township, Lehigh County.
The Pocono Mountain West student made her red-carpet entrance before hitting the stores.
"It was like, really cool, and I felt really good about myself,"she said.
Shannon went home with a lot of great items, including and a Play Station 4.
Visitors get to interact with the animals, including rides on the workhorses.Read More »
- Man's 'suspicious' death in Frackville ruled a homicide
- Alpine Mountain Ski area sold
- Frackville police investigating man's 'suspicious' death
- 2 people killed in fiery crash on I-81 in Schuylkill County
- Man charged in Palmerton driveway paving scam
- Schuylkill man to appear in court; accused of leaving 3 young children alone, 1 in 'cage'
- Great white shark Mary Lee detected off New Jersey coast
- Updated Bucks man gets life plus 15 to 30 years in friend's shooting death
- Updated PHOTOS: Observing Memorial Day
- In opioid crisis, a new risk for police: accidental overdose
- Monroe County farm holds annual Farm Animal Frolic
- Package that led to Newark airport evacuation deemed safe
- Fire destroys barn in Lehigh Twp.
- Artvana could take the place of former Mayfair Festival
- Coroner identifies man found dead in Schuylkill River
- Memorial honors Lehigh Valley veteran