Dog credited for waking up man, son inside burning home in Whitehall
Two people were able to make it safely out of a burning home, thanks to the family dog, officials said.
The fire broke out around 3:30 a.m. Thursday in the 800 block of Fourth Street in Whitehall Twp., Lehigh Co.
A man and his son were woken up by their dog and were able to get out of the home, the fire marshal said.
Crews were able to get the fire under control in about 20 minutes.
Copyright 2012 WFMZ. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.