Fire jumps from chimney to roof of Lehigh County home
A fire started out in the chimney but moved up to further damage a home in Lehigh County.
Firefighters arrived at the home at 4568 Scheidys Road in North Whitehall Twp. around 11 a.m. Tuesday to find the chimney fire had moved to the roof of the home.
A second alarm was triggered when the fire strengthened on the roof, officials said.
Crews were able to contain the fire to the roof.
All residents of the home were able to get out safely after a passerby alerted the family.
Firefighters got the blaze under control in about an hour.
Copyright 2013 WFMZ. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.