The family of Thomas Poynton has brought a lawsuit against an electric company, after he was electrocuted over the summer.
Thomas Poynton's widow, Sarah Poynton, and her mother, Marianne Rush, are suing Berks County-based Met-Ed; its parent company, FirstEnergy, and FirstEnergy Service.
Thomas Poynton died outside his home in Williams Township, Northampton County, near Easton, on July 26.
Officials said a power line fell in his backyard, and when Poynton walked outside, he was electrocuted through the ground.
The lawsuit alleges the electric company in charge of the power line was negligent in this incident.
In addition to his wife, Poynton left behind a one-year-old daughter.
He was also an assistant coach and business teacher at Palisades High School in Bucks County.