7 displaced by fire caused by cooking oil on Sixth Street in Allentown

7 displaced by fire caused by cooking oil on Sixth Street in Allentown

Author: , Web Producer
Published: Dec 04 2012 12:43:03 PM EST
ALLENTOWN, Pa. -

Seven people have been forced out of their home by a fire in Allentown.

The fire broke out at about 10:30 a.m. Tuesday at a home in the 800 block of North Sixth Street.

Officials say the fire started after cooking oil was left on the stove.

The fire was contained to the kitchen, but officials say the house sustained severe smoke damage.

We're told four adults and three children have been displaced.