A fire in Allentown Sunday afternoon was started by a candle, officials said.

It happened around noon at 129 Allen Street. Crews were able to control the flames in about an hour after they arrived on the scene. 

Officials said a mattress fire was caused by a candle that was sitting precariously on some CD cases. Apparently the candle tipped over onto the mattress, starting the fire, officials said.

No injuries were reported, but seven people were temporarily displaced due to smoke and water damage in the home.

The Red Cross provided temporary housing.