Candle starts mattress fire in Allentown apartment
One man sent to hospital with minor burns
One man was burned after a candle ignited his mattress, police said.
The fire started around 8:45 a.m. Monday at the Regency Apartments at 1600 Lehigh Parkway South in Allentown.
According to fire officials, the fire started in a bedroom as a blanket was too close to a burning candle. The blanket caught fire and spread to the mattress and boxspring.
A 19-year-old man suffered burns to his side, lower back and one arm, officials said.
He was taken to the hospital for treatment of burns.
No other fire or smoke damage was reported.
Copyright 2013 WFMZ. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.