Dog credited for waking up man, son inside burning home in Whitehall

Author: , Senior Producer, KShank@wfmz.com
Published: Nov 15 2012 05:32:52 PM EST   Updated On: Nov 16 2012 05:59:38 AM EST
Whitehall fire
WHITEHALL TWP., Pa. -

Two people were able to make it safely out of a burning home, thanks to the family dog, officials said.

The fire broke out around 3:30 a.m. Thursday in the 800 block of Fourth Street in Whitehall Twp., Lehigh Co.

A man and his son were woken up by their dog and were able to get out of the home, the fire marshal said.

Crews were able to get the fire under control in about 20 minutes.