Fire forces evacuations at senior living apartments
Combustibles too close to fire source sparked blaze, officials say
Part of a 14-story senior citizen housing building in Bethlehem was evacuated after a fire broke out.
The fire started around 8:00 Monday night in the Fred B. Rooney building at 4th and New streets.
Officials say the fire was contained to a third floor apartment.
Investigators say the fire started in the kitchen of a third floor apartment and it was sparked by combustibles that were too close to a heat source.
The third floor was evacuated due to smoke spreading.
Officials say no one was injured.
Copyright 2013 WFMZ. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.