Fire severely damages Bethlehem Twp. home
A fire heavily damaged a home in Northampton County overnight.
Firefighters responded to 3135 Prescott Rd. in Bethlehem Township around 12:30 a.m. and found flames already coming from the home, officials said.
The fire was brought under control by 3 a.m., but not before the house suffered major structural damage. Fire officials said the house was a complete loss, except for the garage.
No one was home at the time of the fire, and a dog inside the home was able to get out on his own.
No firefighters were injured.
Officials said the fire remains under investigation but it appears the fire started in the fireplace.
Copyright 2013 WFMZ. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.