Flames erupt across Allentown city block

Author: , (follow: @69news), news@wfmz.com
Published: Jan 30 2013 04:24:47 PM EST   Updated On: Jan 21 2013 06:02:13 AM EST
ALLENTOWN, Pa. -

An Allentown man helped save the lives of his neighbors after he noticed their house was on fire.

Officials say the fire started in the second floor of a home in the 500 block of Washington Street around 1:30 p.m. Sunday.

A quick thinking neighbor noticed what was happening and moved into action..

"I was going in the store.. and I see the fire over there, I see the fire, I run into the house because I know him.. and I hit the door and say "Fire! Fire! Fire!" said Luis Martinez.

Everyone was able to get out ok.but officials say the fire spread to the home's roof and to two neighboring homes, so 16 people were displaced.