ALLENTOWN, Pa. -

Two people got out of their home safely after their house caught fire Thursday morning, officials said.

Allentown fire officials said the fire was reported about 11 a.m. at 2826 Alton Avenue and it appears to have started on the second floor of the two-story home.

Two residents were able to get out without injury, as well as a dog and two cats.

Officials said the fire was contained to the second floor, but there was smoke damage throughout the home.

The American Red Cross Greater Lehigh Valley Chapter assisted the two unidentified adults displaced by the fire with lodging, clothing and food. The Red Cross will follow up with additional services, if needed.