The Lehigh County Coroner's Office has identified a woman who died in a house fire on Adams Island in Allentown Wednesday.
Officials said Lisanne Chin, 27, was pronounced dead at the scene at 3:16 p.m.
An autopsy was conducted Thursday morning, but no results were made public. Deputy coroner Eric Minnich reported the cause and manner of death are pending completion of the fire investigation.
"In addition to our office, the death is being investigated by the Allentown Police Department with assistance from the Allentown Fire Department," said Minnich.
The fire broke out shortly after 2 p.m. at 56 Adams Island.
Smoke could be seen from as far away as the other side of the city. It took crews about 45 minutes to get the fire under control.
Officials said the home appears to be a complete loss. Investigators have not determined what sparked the fire but determined it started in the rear of the house.
"The house was fully involved, two story single structure," said Capt. John Christopher with the Allentown Fire Department. "Certain parts of the house are completely destroyed so it is going to be a rather lengthy investigation. Our guys are going to have to get in there and do some digging."
"We had to set up ground ladders because it's difficult positioning the ladder truck on the island here because of electrical wires and the space provided," added Christopher.
Firefighters had their work cut out for them.
"They were fighting against extreme heat. In fact the battalion chief already had called, prior to the victim being rescued, had called for an evacuation of all personnel from the structure," said Christopher.
He said they brought the unresponsive victim out of a second floor bedroom using a ground ladder.
Michael Robinson lives across from the island and called 911.
"I was looking out my kitchen window and thought somebody was like burning fire from a barrel or something and then all of the sudden it turned bigger and that's when I dialed 911," he explained. "I seen a lot of flames coming up from the back part of the home here."
Christopher said a firefighter who was inside searching for the victim was burned on his arm.