ALLENTOWN, Pa. -

"Misuse of candles" caused a fire in a south Allentown home early Sunday morning.

Captain John Christopher of the Allentown Fire Department said lit candles had been placed on top of newspapers in the kitchen at 1778 Chapel Ave.

He said the fire, which sent a woman to the hospital for smoke inhalation, was accidental in nature. He said fire officials have been unable to get any updates on the woman's condition.

Christopher said the most of the fire damage was in the kitchen and rear porch area. 

City code enforcement personnel have tagged the property as "raze or repair," meaning the home will have to be torn down if repairs are not made.