PALMER TWP., Pa -

Officials say a fire that displaced several people in Northampton County was an accident.

The fire broke out on Thursday, March 27th at the Gateway Terrace Apartments in Palmer Township.

Two apartments were damaged and nine people were displaced.

Investigators say the fire was sparked by an electrical failure in the attic.

On Thursday, an electrician will trace the electrical lines to determine which one needs to be replaced.

Officials say it could still be a while until residents are allowed back into their homes.