BANGOR, Pa. -

Crews in Northampton County quickly put out a house fire that broke out right next to the firehouse.

The fire began just after 1 p.m. Sunday at a double home at  127 Pennsylvania Ave. in Bangor.

Fortunately, it was right next door to the Rescue Fire Company, which had it under control in less than an hour.

No one was hurt.

Fire officials said the blaze broke out in the home's attic.

The fire caused heavy damage to the attic, and the rest of the house suffered smoke and water damage, according to Chief Bob Engel.

The Red Cross responded to provide a family of one adult and two children with food, and a second family of four adults and two children with food and lodging.