A new weekly local radio show is touting activities, events, attractions and more going on in the Christmas City’s historic district.
Sponsored by Hotel Bethlehem, “Historic Bethlehem Happenings” airs live between 8 and 8:30 a.m. every Thursday on WGPA Sunny 1100 AM.
The show, which started a few weeks ago, is hosted by Kelly Ronalds, the hotel's sales and marketing director, and co-hosted by Dennis Costello, the hotel's general manager.
Each week the radio show features a different in-studio guest from a different downtown business, company or non-profit organization.
The program’s first guest was hotel owner Bruce Haines, who discussed the hotel’s new coffee table book that tells the history of the building the city’s first house that stood on the same site and the former Eagle Hotel that preceded Hotel Bethlehem.
Upcoming guests include:
• Cassandra Tripaldi, Hotel Bethlehem Pastry Chef
• George King, Head Master of Moravian Academy
• Dana Devito, Moravian Book Shop
• Charlene Donchez Mowers, Historic Bethlehem Museums & Sites
• Bruce Haines, Hotel Bethlehem Managing Partner
• Kara Johnson, Downtown Bethlehem Association Manager
The hotel is in the heart of Bethlehem’s nationally registered historic district and a member of Historic Hotels of America.