IronPigs 'Celebration of Life' promotion includes free funeral for 1 fan
'Out of the box' giveaway package worth nearly $10,000
It's the prize of a lifetime -- one-time use only-- from the Lehigh Valley IronPigs and Reichel Funeral Home.
One lucky fan will win a free funeral or memorial service as part of the IronPigs' 'Celebration of Life' night August 20 at Coca-Cola Park.
“The best fans in Minor League Baseball deserve the opportunity to win a once-in-a-lifetime giveaway,” exclaimed IronPigs General Manager Kurt Landes.
“Unquestionably, this is the most highly-coveted ‘out-of-the-box’ promotion in IronPigs history.”
The giveaway includes the following:
- A casket.
- Professional services of funeral director and staff.
- Body removal and preparation (embalming or cremation).
- Use of facilities and services for viewing (visitation/wake), funeral ceremony, Memorial Service and graveside services.
- Vehicle to transfer remains to Funeral Home along with Hearse for cemetery transfer.
In addition to Reichel Funderal Home's donation, Northampton Memorial Company will contribute a complimentary headstone and Richmar Florist will offer a casket spray of flowers.
The total package is worth nearly $10,000.
Fans can register by submitting an essay of 200 words or less that describes their ideal funeral and why they feel they will, eventually, be deserving of the free funeral.
All essays must be received by July 31, 2013 for consideration. All entrants must be present at the Tuesday, August 20 game to be eligible to win.
There are two ways to submit your essay and register:
• Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your essay and along with your contact information (name, phone and address) OR
• Submit an essay and your contact information (name, phone and address) to: CELEBRATION OF LIFE, Coca-Cola Park, 1050 IronPigs Way, Allentown, PA, 18109.
You must be 18 years or older to register, and the prize is not exchangable, and non-transferable.
Copyright 2013 WFMZ. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.