Allentown – Motorists are advised that numerous state routes in east central Pa. remain closed or restricted because of snow, ice, downed trees and/or utilities due to recent winter weather conditions.
Following is the 10:30 p.m. update of road closings in PennDOT Engineering District 5 covering Berks, Carbon, Lehigh, Monroe, Northampton and Schuylkill counties:
• PA 61 between Bellevue and Reading Crest avenues in Muhlenberg Township (water main break);
• PA 625 between Philadelphia and Mt. View roads in Cumru Township (downed tree in utility wires);
• Longview/Manatawny Road between Aspen Lane and Lost Woods Road in Earl Township (downed utility wire)
• Church Hill/Antietam Road between Blankenbiller and Basket roads in Alsace Township (downed utility wire).
• Upper Smith Gap Road between Mountain and Mount Easton roads in Ross Township – NOW OPEN (was closed due to downed utility wire).
Motorists may check conditions on more than 2,900 miles of interstates and other major highways by calling 5-1-1 or visiting www.511PA.com. 511PA, which is free and available 24 hours a day, provides traffic delay warnings, weather forecasts, average traffic speeds on urban interstates and access to more than 670 traffic cameras. Regional Twitter pages and personal alerts are also available on the 511PA website.