SOUTH WHITEHALL TWP., Pa. - Drivers in Lehigh County may have spotted a helicopter landing at a local high school Monday, but officials say it was all about education.
A MedEvac helicopter landed outside of Parkland High School around 1:30 p.m.
Students in the school's fire science course were then able to tour the chopper.
School officials tell us the students just wrapped up the medical portion of their training, and this gave them a chance to observe, firsthand, how crews work on-board emergency medical helicopters.
- Firefighters fight three-alarm fire in Birdsboro
- Suspect surrenders in stabbing of 2 teens in Reading
- 34th Annual Schnecksville Community Fair underway
- Phillipsburg man arrested on heroin charges
- DYN-A-MITE Auctions a family affair
- Allentown to discuss banning "conversion therapy"
- Bill Cosby spokesman says town halls are planned
- Students attend special summer camp at Kutztown U.
- Company cuts ribbon on organic chicken hatchery
- Concerns in Emmaus about possible Rodale sale