Employees, customers evacuated from smoke-filled Sovereign Bank in Northampton
A bank in Northampton County was evacuated Wednesday.
Firefighters were called to the Sovereign Bank on Main Street in Northampton around 11 a.m. Wednesday after the bank filled with smoke.
The fire chief said an overheated wire in a breaker was to blame. Fans were used to clear the smoke, and the bank was reopened Wednesday afternoon.
Copyright 2013 WFMZ. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.