CATASAUQUA, Pa. -

A man is lucky to be alive after his house caught fire in Lehigh County on Tuesday night.

Fire broke through the roof of 549 Bethlehem Rd. in Catasauqua around 7:45 p.m.

Fire officials said the homeowner fell asleep while cooking food on the stove, which caught fire. He was saved by a working smoke detector, which woke him up, officials said.

The fire was ruled an accident.

No one was injured in the blaze.

The Catasauqua Fire Department responded to the scene and had the fire out in an hour, but the house was severely damaged.