Roof collapse causes gas leak scare in Allentown
A roof collapse in the 300 block of E. Walnut Street in Allentown forced Allentown firefighters to turn of the gas there Tuesday.
According to UGI, a porch roof fell on Walnut Street and hit a gas meter, causing damage to the meter and the regulator.
The fire department secured the meter and shut off the gas when they arrived on scene, according to Captain Christopher of the Allentown Fire Department. They then notified UGI.
UGI says there were no injuries or evacuations.
Copyright 2014 WFMZ. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.