HACKETTSTOWN, N.J. -

Many things may cause a brush fire to ignite, but a mylar balloon?

Hackettstown police said that's exactly what happened Monday afternoon.

Police and the Hackettstown Fire Department responded to railroad property in the area of High Street around 4:30 p.m. for a report of a brush fire.

Officials determined that a mylar balloon got caught in a high tension power line, causing sparks.

The sparks caused brush underneath the wire to catch fire, and also caused a temporary power outage.

Train traffic was also stopped for a short time.

High Street was closed in both directions in the area of the railroad tracks.