Officials: Woman, 88, dies in Hunterdon Co.

Officials say generator was running inside enclosed porch

Published: Nov 03 2012 02:56:35 PM EDT   Updated On: Nov 03 2012 03:24:50 PM EDT
Ambulance
DELAWARE TOWNSHIP, N.J. -

Officials in Hunterdon County, New Jersey are investigating the death of an 88-year-old woman who was operating a generator inside her home.

Officials said an investigation into the woman's death reveals that a contributing factor could be carbon monoxide poisoning, but that a final determination will be made after toxicology tests are performed.

The woman was running a generator in an enclosed three-season porch, officials said.

Officials remind citizens that running a gas powered generator produces carbon monoxide, which is very dangerous.